Welcome to eCheckCasinos.ca – your trusted source for accurate information regarding eCheck casino deposits. This year, we celebrated our 12 years of existence. This milestone certainly highlights the passage of time in the iGaming world. Since our inception, our mission has remained unwavering: to compile a list of reputable eCheck Casinos in Ontario and Canada.
Instant eCheck Casinos in Canada: Editorial Selection for 2023
3 Best Canadian Casinos That Accept eCheck 2023 - eCheckCasinos.ca Official List
- 1- 🏆 Spin Casino ( www.SpinCasino.com ) A+ Best site with eCheck for deposit & withdraw Our Review : eCheck is exclusive to Canadian players. 20$ min deposit, no maximum deposit. No fee, instant transfer. NSF return fee of $30.00 for any EFT or ACH that bounces. Digital encryption for safe deposits. Cashout time from 1 to 7 days.
- 2- 🥈 Ruby Fortune ( www.RubyFortune.com ) currently processes eChecks Our Review : eChecks available for deposits and withdrawals for all Canada. Confirmed by service rep that there are no fees, no max deposit limit applied, and instant deposits.
- 3- 🥉 Mummy's Gold ( www.MummysGold.com ) offers eCheck Our Review : eCheck logo featured prominently in banking section of official website. Available to all Canadians. Funds are credited instantly. Good cashout options.
Table of Contents
1) Canadian eCheck Casinos Speed-o-Meter
|eCheck Deposit Time||eCheck Cashout Time||Brand Name|
|1||Instant||3-7 Days||Spin Casino|
|3||Instant||3-7 Days||Royal Vegas|
|6||Instant||3-7 Days||Lucky Nugget|
|7||Instant||3-7 Days||River Belle|
|8||Instant||3-8 days||Gaming Club|
2) Ontario Casinos with eCheck Deposits and Withdrawals Ranked by Processing Speed
|Best Ontario eCheck Casinos||eCheck Deposits||eCheck Cashouts|
|Spin Casino||Instant||3-7 days|
|Royal Vegas||Instant||3-7 days|
3) The Mechanics of eCheck - How do they Work ?
An eCheck is essentially a paper check that is written and executed electronically. There is no paper, no pen, no need to sign your name to it. It is processed as an EFT – or electronic fund transfer – wherein the casino and bank instantly communicate the details of the payment.
Here’s what happens the moment a player submits an eCheck / EFT deposit:
eCheck Deposit Process Flow:
eCheck Deposits Are Credited Instantly
Like a paper check, the casino won’t actually receive that money for the usual ‘3 to 5 business days’. But, since they know the money is available, and that the bank is already beginning to process that payment, the casino is more than happy to give the player immediate access to it. Such is the beauty of Canada’s impeccable EFT banking systems.
4) How to Deposit at an eCheck Casino
- 1) Register Your Banking Information: To use an eCheck at an online casino, you must first register your banking information with the casino. This entails proving basic details, such as the name of the financial institution where the checking account is held, the name on the account (your name), the account number, and the bank’s routing number. Note that the personal information associated with your bank account must match the information you previously registered your online casino account with, or you won’t be able to process an eCheck payment.
- 2) Retrieve Information from Your Physical Checks: All of the information you need to submit an eCheck – account number, bank name, and routing number – can be found on your own paper checks. So, there is no need to contact the issuing authority for specifics, unless you don’t have paper checks. If that’s the case, a quick phone call to your financial institution will get you all the info you need.
- 3) Authorize Transaction from Cashier: Confirm the deposit and authorize the eCheck payment from the cashier section. A word of warning – like paper checks, eChecks can bounce. It’s rare, mind you. Your bank should deny the payment if the funds aren’t available. If they are available, your bank should put an immediate hold on those funds the moment the casino requests them. But, it can still happen, and if it does, you will be charged an NFS (insufficient funds) overdraft fee, which can cost you anywhere from $25 to $40, depending on your bank. This is the only potential downside to depositing with eCheck casinos, and is one that’s easy to avoid. Once you place an eCheck payment, don’t spend that money before it leaves your bank.
5) Background on eCheck Adoption Rates in 2023
It’s common to think of eChecks and Instant eChecks as a relatively new trend in iGaming, and internet transactions in general. However, these nifty electronic versions of traditional paper checks have been around for well over two decades. It wasn't until around 2011/12 that they really began to gain traction in the eCommerce community. Now in 2023, they are one of the most preferred methods of payment for Canadian gamblers, but not the easiest to find. Paying by eCheck has never been the most popular option, mind you. Visa and MasterCard credit cards have always reigned supreme, mostly because they’re always offered by iGaming sites, and also because, quite frankly, everybody seems to have one. But for those who wish to keep their card details private, while making more substantial deposits, eChecks are an exceptional alternative.
Today, millions of merchants around the world accept eChecks. You can pay your utilities, purchase items and services from a website or catalog, even your taxes can be paid with an eCheck. It’s just like using a traditional paper check, except that it’s faster, easier, offers a higher degree of security, and – best of all – comes with no processing fees attached. In today’s high-tech world of no-contact card payments, mobile payments and cryptocurrency (see our eCheck vs Bitcoin page), it only makes sense that such a secure virtual payment method would be so popular.
That said, if you adhere strictly to the official definition of an eCheck, you might be disappointed with its offerings or develop the misconception that eChecks are becoming rarer in 2023. In truth, it's not the eCheck acceptance rate that's declining, but rather the scope of what qualifies as an eCheck that is expanding. Let me explain.
An eCheck, by definition, is an instant means of transferring money from one bank to another via “electronic funds transfer”, or EFT. An eCheck was one of the first viable ways to do this over the internet. Today, the exact same banking technology is being used under a variety of names – everything from Bank Transfers to Direct Deposits.
Even ATM withdrawals and Canadian-exclusive Interac payments use the same EFT protocol as an eCheck.
6) List of Popular eCheck and EFT Brands in the Gaming Space
- ACH eCheck
- EFT eCheck
- Instant eCheck
- Deluxe eCheck
- Electronic Check
- Instant Check
- Interac eTransfer
- Bank Transfer
- Bank Wire Transfer
- Electronic Bill Pay
- Instant Payment
- Online Banking
- Quick Deposit
- Rapid Transfer
The bottom line is, eChecks are everywhere. When you look for them by their multitude of synonyms, almost every online casino that accepts Canadian players also accepts eChecks. That doesn’t mean every Canadian eCheck casino is worth your time, though. Our aim is to direct you to the tried, true and trusted websites, where you can enjoy the games with peace of mind.
7) The Introduction of eChecks To Revolutionize Online Gaming Safety
Times have changed dramatically in recent years. For a multitude of reasons, we as a society spend much less time seeking gaming-style entertainment in the physical world. Whether it’s due to time constraints or a general preference for digital activities, we are more apt to play games – even casino style games like slot machines, blackjack, and roulette – on a mobile device.
Online casinos offer a convenient, safe, and fun way to play your favorite Vegas-style games from the comfort of home. The key is to find an equally convenient and safe way to fund your real money casino account, without any hassles, unnecessary delays, or added fees. Credit cards are notoriously rejected for iGaming in the unregulated sphere. Debit cards are a primary target for identity thieves. Paper checks are extremely secure, but take an excruciatingly long time to arrive and clear your bank. E-wallets are great, aside from the ‘convenience fees’ they tack on to certain types of transactions. Alternatively, one of the best solutions for Canadian players is the eCheck. It combines the safety and security of a standard paper check, with the speed and convenience of electronic payment methods, at no cost to the user. It’s the best of all worlds: fast, free, secure, and reliable.
8) Different Types of eCheck
There’s more than one type of eCheck, and they aren’t all created equally. The two main types are EFT and ACH. We already discussed the way EFTs (Electronic Fund Transfers) work above, wherein the merchant and bank immediately initiate a digital communique to ensure the money is available in the user’s bank account. This is the method all Canadian-based banks use when processing an eCheck.
ACH eChecks are used by US-based financial institutions. ACH stands for Automated Clearing House, and while the process is basically the same, ACH payments are not always instant. Every bank sets its own time for ACH processing. Some will process them as they come in (instantly, like an EFT), but most banks let them pile up until a certain time of day. It could be end of business day, midnight, 6:00am next business day; whenever they choose. Once that time comes, all ACH payments are processed.
For this reason, ACH eChecks can take longer to appear in your online casino account, and may be more prone to bouncing. But remember, ACH is the method utilized by US banks. Only Canadians who have a US-based bank account will be subject to the ACH system. As for Canadian banking systems, they all operate under the guidelines of Payments Canada, which regularly updates the rules and standards for its Automated Clearing Settlement System (ACSS). These are the rules by which EFTs are processed by Canadian banks. You can find the current ASCC / EFT Rules & Standards here.
9) Where to find Canadian Casinos that Accept eChecks ?
There are many sites where you can sign up with eChecks in 2023, either by its specific name, or any of its EFT-reliant variables. However, if you’re in Canada, your options will be more limited. And if you demand only the best online casinos with the strictest standards and highest reputation, they’re going to be a lot more limited.
As of now, there are only a few solid Canadian online casinos that offer eChecks as a deposit method. The most prominent of these are Jackpot City and Spin Casino. Each of these brands are reputable and trustworthy, with long histories of providing excellent customer service.
Jackpot City Casino is a Microgaming-powered online casino boasting the eCOGRA seal of safety and fairness certification. Launched in 1998, it’s one of the oldest, most reputable online casinos on the web today. It is an excellent option for players around the world – including Canadians, who are more than welcome to play for real money. You can even deposit and play in Canadian Dollars, which avoids any confusion over ever-fluctuating exchange rates. A massive, $1,600 multi-deposit welcome bonus awards 100% up to $400 in bonus cash on the first four deposits.
10) eCheck Casino Laws
If you're thinking about making a wager online, we recommend that you brush up on applicable eCheck laws (updated July 2021) by reading our comprehensive article first. These haven't changed much over the last few years. We stay up to date with them regularly and can confirm that they are more or less the same in 2023 as when we started this site nearly 12 years ago, with just a few exceptions to provincial markets. But it's still worth bookmarking and keeping an eye on that article, as the legal climate can change anytime.
11) Further Learning/Education About eCheck
- Comparing eCheck and Crypto Gaming Payments
- Comparing eCheck to Gift Cards
- Comparing Interac to eCheck Payments (soon)
- What is the difference between an EFT eCheck and ACH ?
- eCheck Laws
- eCheck Casinos in Ontario
About Us / What Qualifies Us ?
Led by Trevor, we're a seasoned team of online casino enthusiasts with over 50 years of combined experience in iGaming. We maintain the highest standards and work exclusively with licensed, certified, and reputable operators. Our rigorous personal evaluation includes testing compatibility with eCheck casino payments. When we recommend an iGaming operator, it signifies our commitment to quality and integrity.
Recent Posts from echeckcasinos.ca ...
Written on November 14, 2023
Every casino game comes with a win probability. That is, the likelihood that a player will win, versus the likelihood that they will lose (i.e. house wins). Blackjack is considered an exceptional casino game for two reasons. First, it comes with one of the highest “return to player” (RTP) percentages of any other game. Second, players can make decisions that ultimately impact the height of that return. That doesn’t mean you should dive blindly into any blackjack game. Some have higher RTPs than others. And if you don’t play the game correctly, making all of the proper decisions along the way, you won’t achieve the highest possible RTP anyway. The intent of this page is to teach you a few simple but critical lessons about blackjack RTP, and why it matters. We’ll start with a better explanation of what RTP is, and how it’s calculated. What is Blackjack RTP (Return … Continue reading
Written on November 14, 2023
What is “advantage play” when it comes to video poker? It means you’re playing the game in such a way that your expected return over time is a net positive financial gain. The most straightforward way is to find “beatable” machines at which you hold a statistical advantage over the house. Unfortunately, casinos aren’t fond of running beatable games, so these are probably going to be too few and far between to be reliable. The other method is to play at an expected loss over time, but keep that loss amount so small that the freebies (“comps”) the casino is giving you for your play more than compensate for the money you expect to lose. Though casinos like to make this a little harder by the year, it’s still very possible with video poker, since the game has such an inherently low house edge. The following steps break down the … Continue reading
Written on October 31, 2023
Casinos were built on one simple principle: The house always has the edge. If the house has a positive expected return in every game, they can weather the ups and downs of variance and consistently make money over time. Naturally, not all players are satisfied with this arrangement. Many attempt to shift power back into their own hands by devising all sorts of creative techniques. We call them “advantage players”. The following list details 10 of their favorite methods for taking money from the house. [Note that advantage play is very much “a thing” (albeit a quite risky one) in brick and mortar casino settings but much less in online environments. And if you want to go forward in your venture as an advantage player, live or online, please do so at your own risk. We are not encouraging the practice here, but it was a nice title idea for … Continue reading