Welcome to eCheck Casinos Canada! Celebrating 🎉 12 years in the world of iGaming (take a trip down memory lane on our Archive.org page *), we stand as your trusted resource for eCheck casino deposits in Canada. In this rapidly changing landscape, our mission remains unwavering: offering a curated list of echeck online casinos, and catering to the unique informational needs of each province.
Instant eCheck Casinos in Canada: Editorial Selection for 2024
3 Best Canadian Casinos That Accept eCheck 2024 - eCheckCasinos.ca Official List
- 1- 🏆 Spin Casino ( www.SpinCasino.com ) A+ Best site with eCheck deposit & withdraw Our Review : eCheck used by many Canadian players for easy cashouts, and also deposit. 20$ min deposit, no maximum deposit. No fee, instant transfer. NSF return fee of $30.00 for any EFT or ACH that bounces (may vary depending on your bank's policies). Cashout time from 1 to 7 days
- 2- 🥈 Ruby Fortune ( www.RubyFortune.com ) currently processes eChecks Our Review : eChecks available for deposits and withdrawals for all Canada. Confirmed by service rep that there are no fees, no max deposit limit applied, and instant deposits.
- 3- 🥉 Mummy's Gold ( www.MummysGold.com ) offers eCheck Our Review : eCheck logo featured prominently in banking section of official website. Available to all Canadians. Funds are credited instantly. Good cashout options.
Table of Contents
1) eCheck Casinos Canada: Speed-o-Meter*
|eCheck Deposit Time
|eCheck Cashout Time
* Canadian casinos with eCheck Payments (deposit and withdrawal) ranked by processing speed
** Source: Customer support agents of the respective sites via chat logs, and player reports.
2) eCheck Casinos In Ontario : Speed Ranking*
|Best Ontario eCheck Casinos
** Source: Customer support agents of the respective sites via chat logs, and player reports.
3) The Mechanics of eCheck - How do they Work ?
An eCheck is essentially a paper check that is written and executed electronically. There is no paper, no pen, no need to sign your name to it. It is processed as an EFT – or electronic fund transfer – wherein the online casino and bank communicate the details of the payment.
Here’s what happens the moment a player submits an eCheck / EFT deposit [3*]:
Casino eCheck Deposit Process Flow:
- If “Yes”, the echeck casino instantly credits the user with the deposited money.
- If “No”, the payment is declined by the casino.
Like a paper check, the online casino account won’t actually receive that money for the usual 3 to 5 business days. But, since they know the money is available, and that the bank is already beginning to process that payment, the echeck casino is more than happy to give the player immediate access to it. Such is the beauty of Canada’s impeccable EFT banking systems.
4) How to Deposit at eCheck Casino Sites
A - Preparation
- Retrieve Information from Your Physical Checks: You can find all the necessary information for an eCheck – account number, bank name, and routing number – on your paper checks. If you don't have paper checks, a quick call to your bank will provide you with the information.
B - eCheck Deposit Visual Breakdown: 5 Simple Steps
(Example given with eCheck Casino "RubyFortune")
- Step 0- Create an account as per screenshot above at RubyFortune.com or *.ca depending on your location. Ontario players should gravitate to *.ca TLD, while rest of Canada players should opt for the *.com
- Step 1- Navigate-click to the Banking section in the top menu, to the right of the Ruby Fortune Logo.
- Step 2 - Choose the electronic check deposit option, when prompted, under "Banking/Deposit"
- Step 3 - You will then see a prompt screen with three pre-selected eCheck deposit values. Choose one of the three ($20,$50,$100), or if your target value doesn't fall within this range, click "own amount" and input your ideal amount there.
- Step 4 - Register Your Banking Information. This includes basic details like the name of your bank, the account type, and the bank's branch number. Here is the full list of fields that need to be populated at Ruby Fortune Canada: Bank Name, Account Type, Branch Number, Institute Number, Bank Account Number, Social Insurance Number (Last 4 digits only).
- Step 5 - Click the red rectangle at the bottom with the text 'Deposit' to authorize the transaction from the eCheck Casino.
5) What are the Pros and Cons of eChecks ?
|1. Convenience: Easy to use and initiate transactions.
|1. Processing Time: Transactions may take several days to clear.
|2. Cost-Effective: Often lower transaction fees compared to other methods.
|2. Risk of Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF): Payments may fail if the account has insufficient funds.
|3. Security: Transactions are secure and use encryption technology.
|3. Dependence on Bank Systems: Relies on the banking infrastructure, and issues may arise if there are banking system issues.
|4. Versatility: Can be used for various types of transactions, including one-time and recurring payments.
|4. Not Truly Instantaneous: Unlike some other methods, eChecks may not provide instant fund availability.
|5. Reduced Paper Usage: Environmentally friendly, as it reduces the need for paper checks.
|5. Limited International Use: Primarily used within national borders, limiting international transactions.
6) List of Popular eCheck and EFT Brands Used in Online Gambling
- ACH eCheck
- EFT eCheck
- Instant eCheck
- Deluxe eCheck
- Electronic Check
- Instant Check
- Interac eTransfer
- Bank Transfer
- Bank Wire Transfer
- Electronic Bill Pay
- Instant Payment
- Online Banking
- Quick Deposit
- Rapid Transfer
7) Different Types of eCheck Explained
There’s more than one type of eCheck, and they aren’t all created equally. The two main types are eCheck and ACH and both fall into the umbrella of EFTs  . In EFTs (Electronic Fund Transfers), the merchant and bank immediately initiate a digital communique to ensure the money is available in the user’s bank account. It's all electronic and independant from bank employees. This is the method all Canadian-based banks use when processing an eCheck.
ACH is the financial process that typically serves US banks and institutions. UK has its own flavor of ACH called Bacs Payment Schemes Limited or Bacs for short. Canada has Automatic Fund Transfer (AFT)  . Only Canadians who have a US-based bank account will be subject to the US-ACH system. As for Canadian banking systems, they all operate under the guidelines of Payments Canada, which regularly updates the rules and standards for its Automated Clearing Settlement System (ACSS). These are the rules by which EFTs are processed by Canadian banks. You can find the current ACSS / EFT Rules and Standards here (PDF)
eCheck (Canada) vs ACH in Detail
|ACH (United States)
|Primarily used in Canada.
|Primarily used in the United States.
|Governed by Canadian banking laws.
|Governed by U.S. banking regulations.
|Commonly Used Platform
|Often processed through the Canadian Payments Association (CPA).
|Processed through the National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA) in the U.S.
|Transaction Processing Time
|Typically takes 3-5 business days*
|Processing time varies, often 1-3 days.
|Transaction Fees (bank)
|Nomimal fee of around C$0.5- C$1.5 for verification.
|Fees may vary, from 1.4-3.5%
|Usage Across Industries
|Widely used in various industries, shopping, online gambling, etc.
|Commonly used in finance, payroll, and business-to-business transactions.
* eCheck may take slighty longer to process because of verification of one-off transactions. Your casino balance will be credited instantly however. If the eCheck bounces or there is fraud involved, then additional fees may be levied.
8) Where to find Canadian Casinos that Accept eChecks ?
There are many online gambling sites where you can sign up with eChecks in 2023, either by its specific name, or any of its EFT-reliant variables. However, if you’re in Canada, your options will be more limited. And if you demand only the best eCheck Casinos with the strictest standards and highest reputation, they’re going to be a lot more limited.
As of now, there are only a few solid Canadian online casinos that offer eChecks as a deposit method. The most prominent of these are Jackpot City and Spin Casino. Each of these eCheck casino brands are reputable and trustworthy, with long histories of providing excellent customer service.
Jackpot City Casino is a Microgaming-powered online casino boasting the eCOGRA seal of safety and fairness certification. Launched in 1998, it’s one of the oldest, most reputable online casinos on the web today. It is an excellent option for players around the world – including Canadians, who are more than welcome to play for real money.
Top Online Casinos Taking eCheck
* Please note that we have confirmed with Ruby Fortune and sister brands that they levy no maximum limit on deposits, however your maximum limit via eCheck could depend on your own banking institution.
9) More Background on eCheck Adoption in Canada
How old are eChecks ?Paper checks are old. The genesis of checks in the United States traces back to the late 17th century, and a pivotal moment occurred in 1762 when British banker Lawrence Childs introduced the first printed versions. However, it’s common to think of eChecks and Instant eChecks as a relatively new trend in iGaming, and internet transactions in general. However, these nifty electronic versions of traditional paper checks have been around for well over two decades *. It wasn't until around 2011/12 that they really began to gain traction in the eCommerce community. Now in 2023, they are one of the most preferred methods of payment for Canadian gamblers, but not the easiest to find. Paying by eCheck has never been the most popular option, mind you. Canadian credit cards have always reigned supreme, mostly because they’re always offered by online casinos, and also because, quite frankly, everybody seems to have one. But for those who wish to keep their card details private, while making more substantial deposits, eChecks are an exceptional alternative.
eChecks for utilities and everyday life
Today, millions of merchants around the world accept eChecks including poker brands . You can pay your utilities, purchase items and services from a website or catalog, even your taxes can be paid with an eCheck. It’s just like using a traditional paper check, except that it’s faster, easier, offers a higher degree of security * , and – best of all – comes with no processing fees attached. In today’s high-tech world of no-contact card payments, mobile payments and cryptocurrency it only makes sense that such a secure virtual payment method would be so popular.
The expanding scope of eCheck
That said, if you adhere strictly to the official definition of an eCheck, you might be disappointed with its offerings or develop the misconception that eChecks are becoming rarer in 2023. In truth, it's not the eCheck acceptance rate that's declining, but rather the scope of what qualifies as an eCheck that is expanding. Let me explain.
An eCheck, by definition, is an means of transferring money from one bank to another via “electronic funds transfer”, or EFT. Today, the exact same banking technology is being used under a variety of names – everything from Bank Transfers to Direct Deposits.
Even ATM withdrawals and Canadian-exclusive Interac payments use the same EFT protocol as eCheck.
10) Further Learning on eCheck Casinos Canada
- Modern eCheck Walkthrough
- eCheck Laws
- ACH vs Bank Wire
- The decline of paper cheques in favor of Canada's Automated Funds Transfer (AFT)
- Comparing eCheck and Crypto
About Us / What Qualifies Us ?
Hi, I am Trevor "The Hawk" Hallsey, a seasoned webmaster, gambling enthusiast, and proud Canadian. My journey began in Vaughan, Ontario, amid a family of four siblings and the proud legacy of a father who contributed to the construction of the iconic CN Tower. However, my path eventually led me to the dynamic realm of online casinos.
With over a decade of expertise in the online gambling industry, my passion for poker predates Black Friday, and my love for blackjack traces back to childhood memories of family card games. Arnold Snyder’s 1980 book “The Blackjack Formula” in particular, had a deep effect on me at the time, opening up the once secretive space of advantage play blackjack to the wider public.
My love for the Internet, games and the pursuit of a Computer Science degree at the University of Toronto, all laid the foundation for becoming an online iGaming entrepreneur. Despite a brief detour into professional MMA fighting and a career in construction, I found my true calling in the world of Canadian gambling. My main desire at that time was to create a reputable destination for gaming enthusiasts: fact checked, and honest.
At eCheckCasinos.ca, I bring a wealth of experience and dedication to the forefront. Having established numerous successful gambling portals over the years, I now focus on the intersection of iGaming and finance as a content creator.
Citations and References
-  Time-Machine to November 18th 2011 https://web.archive.org/web/20111118022457/https://echeckcasinos.ca/
-  List of iGaming Ontario Regulated Sites https://igamingontario.ca/en/operator/operators
-  How eChecks work via ACH https://www.authorize.net/payments/echeck.html
-  eChecks have been around for 2 decades https://due.com/echeck/
-  eChecks are secure https://www.paypal.com/us/brc/article/what-is-an-echeck
-  ACH and eCheck are EFTs https://staxpayments.com/blog/echeck-vs-ach-what-are-their-similarities-and-differences/
-  AFT Canada https://www.payments.ca/payment-resources/iso-20022/automatic-funds-transfer
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, several sportsbooks in Canada do offer eCheck banking options. These include platforms like Sports Interaction, NorthStar Bets, and Bet365. Although they cater primarily to the sports betting market, they all double as online casinos.
Some of the biggest eCheck names in Ontario include: Jackpot City, Spin Casino, PokerStars Casino, and Royal Vegas. (For your convenience, all ON eCheck platforms are listed here). These platforms are licensed to accept Ontarians under iGaming Ontario and also provide a wide range of gaming options. Gaming is 19+ and you are reminded to gamble responsibly. Ontarians should contact ConnexOntario for support.
You can verify the licensing and regulation of an eCheck casino by checking the bottom of their website (typically in the footer) for licensing information. Common regulators are: Kahnawake Gaming Commission, MGA, Curacao, UKGC. If you are looking for a license to operate within Ontario specifically, you need to look for the iGaming Ontario logo/brand. They work closely with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) for licensing.
There might be some restrictions on eCheck depending on the individual casino's policies and sometimes the player's location. It is best to check with the casinos themselves. Restrictions can sometimes include transaction limits. For instance, some casinos may set a minimum deposit limit of around CA$10, while the maximum limit is capped at CA$5000. Some brands may waive max deposit limits however. And before you can make any transactions, you will need to pass the "Know Your Customer" (KYC) checks. This involves providing proof of identity and address to ensure you are legally allowed to gamble.
The legal age varies depending on the province you call home. In Ontario it is 19 years old. Please check our table for the details.
Customer support options typically include live chat, email, and sometimes phone support, especially if you are a high value "high-roller" player. You can also interface with your bank phone operators for complete support.
Yes, eCheck is also accepted at several US-facing casinos. The range of availability depends on whether you are playing at offshore or licensed sites. Offshore US-facing platforms currently offering eCheck are: BetOnline, Wild Casino, Super Slots, and Sportsbetting.ag. Within the regulated USA states: BetRivers, Borgata, BetMGM, SugarHouse, Caesars, and PartyCasino all accept ACH from Americans.
Recent Posts from echeckcasinos.ca ...
Written on February 26, 2024
As you search for convenient ways to move money between bank accounts and regulated online gambling sites, you’ll discover several eCheck solutions available, specifically catering to Canadian patrons. All major bank transfer services covered rely on electronic funds transfer (EFT) functionality to securely move money. In this guide, we’ll assess leading EFT brands comprising Canada’s digital payments landscape for licensed gambling providers. The Answer in Short While eCheck can be viewed as the generic umbrella term for an electronic funds transfer, there are now many forms of branded eCheck. Companies offering branded forms of eCheck use direct bank transfers, and come by different names, in the case of Canada: Interac, Interac Online, Interac e-Transfer, Instadebit, iDebit, and Skrill Rapid Transfer. Each company offering branded eCheck payments has its own terms and conditions, pros and cons, deposit and withdrawal limits. These will be studied in this article piece. Introducing eCheck/ACH Transfers … Continue reading
Written on February 23, 2024
Canadians today have more payment options than ever before, ranging from tried-and-true paper checks to eChecks and other electronic payment methods. With this variety comes questions around safety and security – which method best protects personal and financial data? This article provides a detailed comparison of eChecks, traditional paper checks, and Alternative Payment Methods (APMs) focused on the Canadian context. It analyzes the fraud prevention measures and vulnerabilities of each payment type to help Canadians make informed choices. Understanding eChecks, Traditional Paper Checks, and APMs An eCheck is the electronic version of a traditional paper check. The payee provides their bank routing and account numbers electronically through a website, app, or email. The payment is processed instantly through digital encryption, saving both parties time and paperwork. Over 65% of Canadians still use traditional paper checks for certain types of bill payments and peer transactions. Checks contain sensitive information like names, … Continue reading
Written on February 20, 2024
Purchasing physical gold represents a popular way for consumers worldwide to diversify investment portfolios beyond standard securities and cash holdings. When seeking reputable dealers, Canadian buyers often prefer settling transactions using convenient eCheck payments. Throughout this extensive guide, we’ll explain key benefits surrounding eCheck utilization when buying gold online along with showcasing leaders dealing in bullion that accept fast and easy check deposits. Let’s get started! Why Use eCheck to Buy Gold in Canada Compared to alternatives like credit cards or wire transfers, funding gold orders through eCheck delivers important advantages: Convenience – Simply input your checking account number and routing details during online checkout just like an online bill payment. Avoid trips to the bank for wires. Speed – Deposits finalize quicker than paper checks, with sellers shipping orders faster thanks to instant payment verification against slower wires. Security – No need to share sensitive card details. eCheck … Continue reading
Popular Pages on eCheckCasinos.ca
PaySafeCard | eCheck Poker Sites | PayPal Poker | Blackjack For money Bonus Round Slots | Canadian iGaming | Blackjack Wagering System eWallet Casinos | Fibonacci System | Blackjack Counting