Your privacy is very important to eCheckCasinos.ca (also referred to in this article as “we” or “us”). This section has been created for your benefit in order to explain what kind of information we may require, how we will attempt to collect it, and your rights as a valued client.
Above all, we are committed to providing you with a rewarding and confidential online gaming experience. In order to do so, we utilize the latest procedures, methods, and techniques, as well as cutting-edge hardware and software.
Personal information is rarely required from our customers, but circumstances may arise where details can prove a benefit both to the client and eCheckCasinos. When this occurs, we will make every effort to inform you why an exchange of personal information is necessary, and you can rest assured that the provided details will be used solely for this purpose. There may also be times when we request information for reasons such as marketing, but the final decision will always rest with you.
When attempting to collect information from a customer, we will provide a strict cut-off date for how long we intend to retain the provided details. Once the stated time has passed, your information will be immediately and permanently deleted from our state-of-the-art servers.
Frequently Asked Questions
In this section, it is the intention of eCheckCasinos.ca to answer some of the most common questions posed by customers.
1. What Information Will You Collect? – When using our website, there are certain circumstances that will always trigger an exchange of information. In order to increase your understanding of the process and assure the safety of your information, these circumstances are listed below:
a. Whenever you fill out a form located at eCheckCasinos.ca
b. When you register a new account.
c. When you elect to receive our newsletter or be added to the mailing list.
We also ask customers to provide their name and email when a new account is opened. This is not a requirement, however, and anonymous users are provided the same opportunities as those who choose to register.
2. Why Do You Need User Information? – Collecting information from clients serves two primary purposes.
a. Collected information can be used to personalize the site for each client.
b. By better understanding our customer base, we can ensure that our site offers the best possible content and performance.
c. To ensure that our site is in compliance with licensing requirements.
d. For statistical research and analysis.
e. Knowing who you are is crucial when performing any sort of financial transaction.
3. Are There Any Exceptions? – Your information may be provided to other parties only under the following circumstances:
a. Our site is required to do so by a regulatory body or current law.
b. We must do so in order to defend our property and/or rights.
c. If our site is purchased by a third party who requires information on all prior customers and transactions.
5. Do You Sell Information? – While some sites may sell your information and curse you to be bombarded with unwanted calls and email, eCheckCasinos.ca vows to never trade, sell, or give away your personal details for any reason. The information we collect stays in-house up until the time that it’s permanently deleted.
6. Can I See My Information? – While eCheckCasinos.ca believes in keeping all information as secure as possible, each individual has a right to view their own information that’s on file. In order to do so, you will need to send a written request via email. If approved, you’ll be able to obtain a digital copy of the details which can then be altered to reflect more recent data.
7. Who Sees My Information? – The only individuals who will see your personal details are employees of eCheckCasinos.ca. Third-party agents or companies have access to it (see #3 for the only exceptions).
Products and services from third-party sites may be present on eCheckCasinos.ca, but clients are advised that these entities may have privacy policies and qualities that differ from our own. By using eCheckCasinos.ca, you agree not to hold us liable or otherwise legally accountable for any websites you may encounter by clicking on our links. If a problem arises with the third-party sites linked to our own, customers are invited to contact us with details.
Compliance with COPPA
COPPA, also known as the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, is intended to protect the right of online viewers under the age of 13. It was enacted in October of 1998 and became a United States federal law on April 21st, 2000. This website is in full compliance with COPPA regulations, which means no information will be collected from those who are not at least 13 years of age.