The holidays are quickly approaching, and stress levels are on high alert. The last thing you want to deal with is a difficult payment method, especially when you’re trying to unwind at your favorite online casino. Having just lost more than two hours of my day looking for a viable gift card option, I’m writing this to recommend Skrill casino deposits.
As many of you have surely discovered by now, Canada players can have a difficult time finding an easy, secure way to move funds from their bank account to an online casino. Deposit methods are slim when you don’t want to divulge credit/debit card info, but still want to make all transactions in CAD (which is why I finally gave up on the gift card option).
With that said, my friends, I’ll detail everything you need to know about setting up a Skrill account, funding that account, and making a deposit to your favorite gambling website. As an added bonus, you can withdrawal with Skill, too!
Skrill Casino Deposits for Canadians
Skrill has a stellar reputation that dates back more than a decade. It started out as the former brand Moneybookers, which launched its online payment system in April 2002. By January 2004, the company was approaching 2 million satisfied users. In 2013, it was re-branded under its current name, Skrill.
Trusted brand? Check!
Skrill is accepted worldwide, including at 99% of all online casinos. When signing up your account, you can choose CAD as your currency, meaning all transactions – payments, deposits and withdrawals – will can sent and received in CAD (i.e. no 3.99% currency conversion fee to worry about).
Using Skill for casino deposits means you won’t have to give any financial data to each and every casino or online merchant you use it at. This information will only be provided once, directly to Skrill, who’s website is masterfully secured with today’s latest SLL and encryption technologies (the same level of security used by government banks).
Registering A Skrill Account
The sign up process is pretty straight forward. To register with Skrill, you must be 18+ and have a valid email address. Once signed up, you can add a credit/debit card or bank account by inputting the corresponding information. For security purposes, there’s also a brief verification process to ensure that the card or bank account belongs to you.
Once verified, you can move funds into you Skrill account instantly via credit/debit card or online bank transfer. Bank wires can take 2-5 days.
Skrill Casino Deposits
To make a casino deposit with Skrill, follow these basic steps:
1. Log into your online casino account and go to the Banking page.
2. This step could vary, depending on the operator. Either look for the Skrill logo and click the Deposit button next to it, or click the Deposit link and then choose Skrill.
3. Enter the amount to be deposited and click Next/Continue.
4. You will be securely directed to the Skrill website. Enter your login details here and follow the instructions to confirm the deposit.
The funds will be instantly delivered to your online casino account.
Skrill Casino Withdrawals
This process is very similar to depositing with Skrill.
1. Log into you online casino account and go to the Banking page.
2. Click on the Withdrawal option and choose Skrill (usually from a drop down menu).
3. Enter the amount to be withdrawn and follow any instructions provided to compete the request.
It generally takes 24-48 hours for a withdrawal request to be processed by a casino. From there, the money should arrive instantly in your Skrill account. Sending that money to your bank account can take an additional 2-5 business days.
Fees Associated With Skrill
There are a few fees associated with Skrill accounts that you’ll want to be aware of. Signing up an account is free, receiving money (i.e. casino withdraw) is free, and funding your account with an online bank transfer is free. Everything else incurs a small fee.
– Uploading funds with a Credit/Debit card (Visa, MasterCard): 1.9%
– Withdrawing Funds from Skrill to Bank Account: CA$7.98
– Currency Conversion Fee (not an issue if the casino accepts CAD): 3.99%
– 12-month Inactive Account Fee: CA$2.99/month (until depleted or user logs in)